RPL Personal Solutions
Recovery - Performance - Longevity
What is Cryotherapy?
Cryotherapy is a fast and healthy process that accelerates the body’s natural recovery while improving overall well-being and energizing the body. At RPL, we utilize the TITAN CryoCabin for whole body cryotherapy. This is a completely dry, noninvasive, hyper-cooling process that can lower a person’s skin temperature by 30ºF during a session of up to 180 seconds. Your head is and arms are kept above the action, while your body is enveloped by hyper cold air pulsating at temperatures below -170ºF.
During a whole body cryotherapy session, blood rushes to and through core as a reaction to the skin’s sensing extreme freezing temperatures. This natural defense mechanism is intended to protect the vital organs, as your brain thinks you are going into hypothermia. However, in the controlled setting of a cryotherapy sessison, the effect is increased oxygenation and nutrient exchanges and a flushing of toxins, which aids in reducing inflammation and accelerating the body’s natural recovery processes.
The concept of treating with the cold can be traced back 4,000 years to ancient Egypt as an effective pain. Later,Hippocrates, the father of modern medicine, noted that exposure to the cold could reduce swelling, pain and bleeding.
In the late 70s, Dr. Yamaguchi started to use whole body cryotherapy to treat patients suffering from rheumatoid arthritis. From then on, cryotherapy became a recognized treatmenttechnology, widely used in Europe. Over the past decade or so, it has gained worldwide popularity in sports performance enhancement and the treatment of chronic inflammation.
What To Expect
RPL Personal Solutions believes in providing outstanding customer service. Here is some information to help you prepare for your first whole body cryotherapy session.
- Make your appointment on the MindBody app under Wrightstown Health & Fitness. If you are only doing cryo on this visit, note that from the time you walk through the doors until the time you leave will generally take no longer than 15 minutes.
- Please bring a clean dry towel to your appointment.
- Please note that your head and face are never submerged or inside of the cryo chamber. (So no need to worry about redoing hair or makeup. it’s possible to have a full session and return to work right afterwards.)
- Our friendly staff will greet you upon arrival and answer any and all questions you may have. We then ask you to sign a waiver (if you haven’t already), and then take your blood pressure. (Should be less than 155/100)
- You’ll be shown to the cryo area, where an RPL specialist will go over the instructions with you. Please arrive with your skin free of lotions or oils.
- We require all clients to wear gloves, tall socks, gloves and slippers in the cryo chamber, which we provide for you!
- You’ll be given privacy to change and prepare to enter the chamber. Remove all metal and jewelry from your body.
- What to wear is a matter of personal choice. Men should wear underwear or a short bathing suit or short workout shorts. Woman should two-piece bathing suit, or shorts and sports bra.
- You must enter the chamber completely dry. Your skin must be dry and your clothing must be dry.
- Once you have put on the provided socks, gloves and slippers, the RPL attendant will ask your height and set the elevation of the platform inside the chamber accordingly.
- You will step into the cryo chamber and our attendant will explain again what to expect before starting the session. They will stay with you, talking you through the entire process.
- We’ll only see your face, as the rest of your body will be in the cryo chamber.
- While you stand in the Cryo chamber for 2-3 minutes, your body is enveloped with extreme dry, cold air. The extreme cold causes the body to direct blood flow away from your extremities and to your organs. The attendant will tell you rotate a quarter turn ever 30 seconds or so. Moving can make you feel a little warmer and also relax you. Repositioning your body – a little movement back & forth – will help you feel at ease and help you to not lock your knees.
- For our first time, we recommend starting with a two minutes session. Note that you can leave the chamber at anytime, on your own. The goal should be to work your way up to a three-minute session over time for optimal benefits.
- After your session ends and you exit the chamber, your body circulates your blood and instantly warms back up to regular temperature.
- Cryotherapy may be used before or after a workout. There is no down time and you can go right back into the world feeling energized, stronger and refreshed!
Educational Videos about Cryotherapy
LeBron Freezes Himself
5 Things to Know About Cryotherapy
Benefits of Cryotherapy
Cryotherapy: Athletes and Chronic Illness
RPL Personal Solutions
650 Durham Rd, Suite 7, Newtown PA
(267) - 360- 0775
Monday: 9 am - 1 pm; 4 pm - 8 pm
Tuesday: 9 am - 1 pm; 4 pm - 8 pm
Wednesday: 9 am - 1 pm; 4 pm - 8 pm
Thursday: 9 am - 1 pm; 4 pm - 8 pm
Friday: 9 am - 2 pm
Saturday: 9 am - 2 pm